How exciting! Disney announced the 11 startups that will participate in the Disney Accelerator program.
The 11 companies selected to participate in the Disney Accelerator program are:
- Buzzstarter: billed as the world’s first scalable, programmatic content-marketing platform
- ChoreMonster: web and mobile platform that makes chores fun for kids and turns parents into superheroes
- Codarica: provides a kid-focused introduction to world of computer programming with help from characters Cody Coder and Holly Hacker
- Cogo: provides video monetization solutions for content creators
- Jogg: lets users gather, edit and share video and other content from their devices
- Sphero: develops a “connected play” system that lets users create robots controlled with a smart device
- Sidelines: sources high-quality online discussions from a team of 400-plus experts, and distributes these discussions to publishers based on relevance
- SnowShoe: created an interactive-play system with “magical” pieces of plastic that interact with touchscreens to create a bridge between physical items and digital content
- Twigtale: provides parents with personalized expert advice for major childhood transitions
- TYFFON: an entertainment app-development company and creator of the ZombieBooth series with more than 25 million total downloads
- Ubooly: a learning toy that talks and listens to kids that can be customized to know a child’s name, teach lessons and more.
The Disney Accelerator companies will meet with mentors regularly and work to expand business plans, product launches, marketing campaigns and formulate long-term strategies.
Best of luck to each of these startups! I can’t wait to see what each have to offer.